Effective date: November 01, 2018
- Collection: We collect various types of information related to your access to the Platform and to your use of the Services from you. Particularly, we collect information that may be personally attached to you (for example, your email address and demographics) as well as information that is not (such as anonymous usage data).
- Use: We use the information we collect from you for a number of purposes, including to facilitate your use of the Services.
- Disclosure: In certain circumstances, we disclose the information we collect from you, for example to our Service Providers, to perform certain tasks on your behalf in connection with our provision of Services.
- Security: We take the protection of your personal data seriously and we try our best to protect your personal data.
- Contact Us – Complaints: Contact us if you have any questions or concerns about our policies and practices related to your information by email to: k.L@ohmydollvr.com
What kind of information do we collect?
Here is the an overview of the types of information that we directly collect from you, from third parties (after the necessary consent is obtained) or automatically from data on your usage of our Services:
- Personal information: It includes all the information on an individual, collected on him/her or in relation to him/her.
- Anonymous information: It includes information on an individual that has been entirely excluded of its identifiable characteristics, which means that no one can use it to identify a specific person (for example, anonymous information about your use of the Services).
What information do you ask us to provide?
When you create your profile on our Platform, you’re required to provide personal information necessary to the operation of the Services, including contact information (such as your email address), demographic information (such as city of residence, postal code, age and sexual orientation) To the extent permitted by law, we may supplement this information with your IP address and location when you use the Services.
By the time you set up your profile, you can decide how much personal data you wish to communicate to us. You will be asked to create a pseudonym. You will be able to upload a photograph and to introduce yourself. We invite you to create a pseudonym profile, as you are not required to provide any information that would allow you to directly identify yourself. To remain anonymous, be careful what you choose to reveal – especially if you upload photographs or choose an ID that would easily identify you.
When you make a purchase on our Platform, you will be asked for certain personal data for billing purposes, including your name, address, and selected payment method to process your transaction.
With your permission, we also collect your location information. You can disable this feature with the “Location” settings on your mobile phone.
If you choose to activate a 2-factor authentication for your account, we will ask for your phone number. This phone number will be shared with Nexmo, a third-party service provider. Nexmo is not part of the Service and is subject to separate terms and conditions, including different policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. We have no control over Nexmo. You will have to make your own independent judgment regarding your interaction with them. Please note that if you decide to delete your Oh My Dolls account, we will delete your phone number from our records, but Nexmo will not do so.
If you contact our customer support team, we may ask you for your nickname and your email address to resolve any questions or problems regarding the Services.
Policy regarding cookies
Do-not-track. Currently, our systems does not recognize “Do-not-track” requests from browsers. You can, however, disable some “Do not track” requests as described in this section (for example, disable cookies, unsubscribe from ad networks).
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we implant on your computer’s hard drive through your browser, in order to keep a record of your activities. We may implement cookies uniquely in oreder to identify you, process your transactions and requests, track your user activity statistics and information, and display advertisements on both our Platform and third party sites. On the toolbar of most browsers, the “Help” section will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to set up notifications from the browser when you receive new cookies, or how to completely disable cookies. If you disable cookies, some features on our Platform may stop working. For more information, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Clear GIFs. Clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, though, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages, not stored on your hard drive. We might use web beacons to track the activities of our visitors and app users, to help us manage content, and to compile usage statistics. Our third-party service providers and ourselves may also use HTML-based web beacons sent to our customers to help us track email response rates, to know when our emails are read, and to monitor our emails. You can block these items either with a third-party application, such as Hoster , or, in the case of emails, by modifying your settings to prevent image downloads (if your email supports this feature).
Google Analytics. The information that cookies provide about your use of the site (including your IP address) will be transmitted and stored by Google on servers located in the United States. Google will shorten your IP address (that is, the last octet of the IP address will be anonymous) within EU Member States or other signatory states of the Space Treaty European economy. Only in exceptional cases will the complete IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the United States and be abbreviated. Google uses this information on behalf of the website operator to evaluate your use of the site, to compile reports on your activities, and to offer other services for website operators related to the website’s activity and to the use of the Internet. Google will not duplicate the IP address your browser sends to Google Analytics with other Google data. You can prevent Analytics by disabling cookies on the browser’s setup screen. You can prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings for your browser. However, we must inform you that in this case, all features of this website will not work.
The Google Privacy Notice is located at http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Other Information Collectors
What do we do with the collected information?
Here are the purposes for which we use the collected information, including your personal data:
- to provide you with Services, including:
- to give you access to our rental service, where members can search and book a time with their companionship dolls,
- to maintain and to improve our Platform, which includes improving its content and functionality, or customize the layout of each member’s page,
- to tailor the content and information we send or present to you, to help personalize your location, as well as the assistance that offered to you, the instructions, and your experience on the Platform,
- to process your payments and to settle payment disputes,
- to manage your account and to offer you customer support,
- to provide you with more secure access to your account; and
- to save your user account, registration and profile details, as well as other information (so you do not have to enter them each time you visit the Services).
In addition, we may use this information when it is our legitimate interest to maintain and improve the Platform and its user experience, including:
- to conduct surveys and market studies to improve the Services,
- to communicate with you in connection with the Services, including, subject to our e-mail communications obligations in your jurisdiction, to notify you of changes or additions to the Service, or of Products and Services that we believe would interest you, to detect and fight fraud and to better understand how to protect your information,
- to send you targeted ads and promotional offers that best fit your demographic profile,
- to protect our rights and interests in order to resolve disputes, to apply our Terms and Conditions of Service, or to respond to court proceedings,
- to track your return visits and the use of these Services.
When you register for a site, we ask your permission to post your profile on other similar websites that we think may be of interest to you. However, we will not share your profile without your consent on another site than the one on which you registered.
We also use anonymous data. For example, we may collect and analyze collective, anonymous and statistical information for the purpose of improving the functioning of the Services and of managing user activity on the Platform.
Do we use your personal data for marketing purposes?
Here are some possibilities:
- We may send you information about our Platform and Services, and about the products and services offered by our partners in the field of entertainment, recreation and personal relationships (where applicable with our own marketing) when we legitimately believe that these elements may interest you.
- When you have indicated your consent, we may send you information from other group entities and / or third parties.
In order to send you the advertising and communications that correspond to you, we may also use information collected on your use of the Services, whether using cookies or data analysis. as well as market research and personal preferences that you have communicated to us.
If you change your mind, you can always choose to unsubscribe from receiving these marketing communications. To do so, click on the link “Unsubscribe” or by contacting us via: K.L@ohmydollvr.com
How do we communicate the information we collect?
We may disclose personal information in the following circumstances and in one or more of the purposes above:
- Affiliated Entities : We may share our data, including your personal data, with our mother, subsidiaries and other affiliates, which include companies operating in various countries (each an “affiliate”) that Commit to serving your online needs and dealing with related services. Unless prohibited by applicable law, our affiliates may use this information to communicate offers on their products and services. Our affiliates will respect privacy practices at least equivalent to ours, which will protect all users within the limits of the present legislation. A merger of one or more of our affiliates or our direct merger with another entity are possible.
In certain circumstances, we might also provide anonymous information, for example to third party advertisers.
By providing us with your personal information, you expressly acknowledge that we will share your personal information with third parties as described in this document.
Protecting your personal data is something we take seriously. We protect personal data against loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, modification, and use, thus why we have security measures that include physical, administrative and technological measures, corresponding to the sensitivity of your personal data. Employees who have access to your information are trained to fully understand the importance of your privacy.
When we use service providers who may have access to your personal data, we require that they have standards of confidentiality and security comparable to ours. Contracts and other measures with our service providers enable us to ensure the confidentiality and security of your personal data and to prevent it from being used for improper purposes.
Please note that no data security measure can guarantee a 100% security. You should also take steps to protect yourself from unauthorized access to your password, phone number, and computer: for example, close your account after going to a common computer, choose a solid password, protect the secrecy of your nickname and password. We will not be held accountable for any loss, theft, or compromise of passwords, or for any unauthorized activity on your account made through your password, unless the fault is proven to be attributable to us.
How long do we keep the personal data we collect?
We keep your personal data as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected, or as permitted by applicable law. After this period, we delete your personal data or make them anonymous, which makes it impossible to identify you.
Access and updates
You are entitled first, to unsubscribe from certain communications, and second, to access, modify, update, cancel or erase certain personal data. You can also exercise your rights of access, rectification, deletion and cancellation by contacting us through the contact form. Finally, you may request to be sent an electronic copy of your personal data we collected, or for it to be sent to another organization.
In cases where we must obtain your consent to process your personal data, you may at any time cancel your consent to our use of your personal data.
Contact us – Complaints
You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you, and to ask your questions about policies and practices. In addition, you have the right to inquire about our policies and best practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data, including those relating to the transfer and storage of your information outside your country of residence , and update your personal data.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer by email at k.L@ohmydollvr.com